Vision and Mission
The School’s vision is to establish itself as a best School of Nursing and Public Health, engaged in research that builds African scholarship, excellence in health care teaching and learning and meaningful community engagement.
- Conducting high quality research that impact on lives of individuals and communities while extending boundaries of knowledge by building African scholarship while maintaining international standards
- Promoting development of health care professionals through excellence in teaching and learning at regional, National and International communities.
- Development of postgraduate studies that are driven by development, redress of past inequities and building sustainability and improving public health care in general
- Producing health graduates that are able to take a lead in health care, particularly in the area of clinical practice, research, education, management both in public and private health care sectors.
Vision and MissionVISION
The Vision of the Centre for Rural Health is to be a leader in improving the health of rural communities.
The Mission of the Centre for Rural Health is to improve rural health through research, capacity building and advocacy.
The objectives of the Centre are as follows:
- To initiate and implement formal education programmes for health and allied professionals to meet the needs of rural and other underserved areas
- To build capacity of rural health workers and managers through training; support; networking; and other informal interventions
- To foster and facilitate research into health issues of access, equity, accountability and quality, as they affect disadvantaged communities in South Africa.
- To advocate appropriately for equity in the distribution of resources for health care in the country, through policy development and implementation.
Vision and MissionTo improve the knowledge and practice of Bioethics, Human Rights and Medical Law amongst African healthcare professionals.